York Suzuki Workshop
10am – 4pm, 09 July 2022
We are excited to announce this one day event at the University of York. The course is suitable for students of all ages and levels and is open to all Suzuki instrumentalists. The theme of the day is ‘Collaboration’, which will be experienced in a range of ensemble activities, culminating in a concert at the end of the day. We would like this to be a very family friendly day where all family members, including younger siblings, will be able to participate.
* Tonalisation: our first session will be a warm up in instrument groups and ‘getting to know you’ opportunity
* Ensembles: Students in Book 1 or above will be ensemble groups organised by level. During these sessions, children will experience the fun of working together to produce a performance for the end of workshop concert. Repertoire will be shared in advance to allow preparation
* Enrichment: There will be a wide range of choices for at least one of the sessions. Possible activities might range from a Suzuki-themed outdoor trail, musical theatre, individual masterclasses, parental session, art activities and more.
* Pre-Twinkle programme: Younger children/pre-Twinklers will experience a range of SECE-based activities during the day, including Music Mind Games, outdoor play, arts and crafts and singing.
* Grand Concert and Playtogether
We are fortunate to have access to a wide range of facilities in the Music Department of the University of York and the surrounding grounds. It is easily accessible by public transport and parking on site is easy and convenient. There are a few places to purchase refreshments but we strongly suggest you bring your own lunch and snacks for the day. Those travelling from further afield may like to consider making a weekend of it, to experience more of York’s many tourist attractions!
The fees for the course will be £50 for the first child and £40 each for any additional siblings. Fees cover:
* Expert tuition by a team of qualified Suzuki teachers, with at least one specialist per instrument
* Use of the excellent facilities at the University of York, including access to high quality pianos
* All necessary music, tailor made to the ensembles available
* All additional materials for enrichment activities
Booking is now open and the deadline for registration is Friday 27th May. Please complete the online form to register your family. We look forward to seeing you in York this summer!